Chapter 6 – More CSS Basics
You'll add to your CSS skill set in this chapter. You will be introduced to the CSS box model and configure margin, border, and padding. You'll also explore CSS properties to round corners, apply shadow, and configure color with opacity. Resource websites and chapter links are listed below.
The Box Model
Text and web page elements in the container
Area between the content and the border
Area between the padding and the margin
Determines the empty space between the element and adjacent elements
Explore CSS layout techniques at Little Boxes.
CSS HSLA Color
- W3C CSS HSLA Color Values
- Coding Colors Easily Using CSS3 hsl() Notation
- Work With Color: Color Converter
- CSS-Tricks HSLa Explorer
- CSS-Tricks Yay HSLA
- Named, HSL and RGB Color Chart
Additional CSS Resources
- No updates have been reported for this chapter.
Questions or Comments
The author would like to hear from you!
Feel free to contact the author with your questions or comments.
Review activities are available for this chapter. Check your knowledge of chapter terms and concepts.
Browser Support of CSS Properties
More on CSS Gradients
- CSS Tricks: CSS Gradients
- Colrozilla Ultimate CSS Gradient Generator
- CSS3 Factory Gradient Generator