Chapter 12 – Web Publishing Basics
Well, you've designed and built a website, but there is still much more to do. You need to obtain a domain name, select a web host, publish your files to the Web, and submit your site to search engines. In addition to discussing these tasks, this chapter introduces you to evaluating the accessibility and usability of your website.
Domain Name Registration
Choosing a Web Host
Search Engine Resources
- Search Engine Use
- 80% of Internet Traffic Begins at a Search Engine
- Search Engine Popularity
- Web Robots
- Google AdWords
- Section 508
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 (WCAG 2.0)
- JAWS Screen reader
- NVDA Screen reader
- Video Intro to the Screen Reader
Automated Accessibility Testing Tools
- WebAIM WAVE
- ATRC AChecker
- Firefox Web Developer Extension
- WAT Toolbar
- AIS Web Accessibility Toolbar
- WebAIM Manual Checklist
- Usability Basics
- How to Test Usability (PDF)
- Advanced Common Sense
- Steve Krug Interview
- Usability Resources
- Usability Testing Materials
There are no updates for Chapter 12.
Questions or Comments
The author would like to hear from you!
Feel free to complete the contact form with your questions or comments.
Play a review game to check your understanding.